Hello and thanks for coming to my website!
My name’s Farah and I am a UK medical doctor training to specialise in Infectious Diseases/Microbiology. I am also training to be an #NIHR Academic doctor. My research is on the Gut Microbiome– if you’ve not heard about this fascinating subject (and even if you have!) then be sure to keep following… There aren’t very many people doing my training path in the country!
I started this blog after I started my Instagram page when I became a registrar in February this year. I’ve never been bold enough to think my opinion truly mattered but in a world where experts are increasingly shunned and the NHS is so underfunded, I realised that actually perhaps I can add a lot of value- I can:
- help junior doctors with their training choices
- hopefully inspire budding healthcare professionals and scientists
- share with you the often difficult journey of learning to be an “expert” and show you how much work goes into that
- tell you about how to try to stay healthy when you’re stressed
- empower patients to learn more about their health, especially if we lose the NHS as we know it
- connect with, learn from and learn-through-teaching you all too
So please follow my journey, ask me questions and feel free to let me know if there’s anything I haven’t explained well enough.
Most of all, I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy sharing it with you.
#infectiousdiseases #microbiology #medicalstudents #doctors #lifelonglearner #science #research